Wednesday, April 7, 2010

From: MeMe

Dearest Olivia,

It's been 7years now since you passed away.  I still miss you more
than you could ever know. Your life was so short, so difficult.
I will never forget meeting you for the first time.  I kept looking at
you in awe, wondering how someone so small could be such a fighter
and so incredibly beautiful.  You amazed me.  Remembering back to
the days you were here with us, you continue to amaze me: hospital stays
, ambulance rides, doctor appointments, tube feedings, medication upon
medication, special foods, seizures, brain damage, surgeries, crying ...
but mostly I remember your smile and your laughter.  No matter what life
threw at you, you always came out of it smiling and laughing.


I'm not the only person you amazed.  Your family was so in love
with you and you brought so much happiness to the house.  Doctors,
nurses, therapists, friends, neighbors ... you touched so many lives, Princess.
 The situation may have been dark, but you were a bright light.  Your light
may be dimmed now, but you are not forgotten.


Grammy and I are the only ones that go to your gravesite now.
It's where I feel closest to you.  I still have this need to protect my little girl,
you know?  You are buried right next to Gramps and I know he watches
after you, but I long to hold you.  February is a big month now ... Valentine's Day
(your favorite because the color red and hearts were your "signatures"!), your birthday,
the anniversary of your death.  All within days of each other, but the month is dedicated
to you at our house.  We still bake vanilla cupcakes, wear all the red/hearts we can
find and share our "Livy memories".  It's the most precious time of the year.


I believe that in death you are healthy now, and truly able to be a happy little girl.
 I believe that one day I'll see you again and this time you'll run to my arms and be
able to say my name.  I believe that the ache of your loss will never go away, but
that it will only cause my love for you to grow and make our new time together that
much sweeter.

I love you so much, Princess.  This letter is my hug to you ... for the time being,
until I can hold my baby girl again.

Love you,
MeMe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.....