Monday, March 31, 2014

To Mamaw and Papaw, from Punky








I haven't seen your faces in so long, but I still hear your laughter and see your smiles.
You have no idea how much I miss you.

You're going to be great grandparents in a few months and I can't help but wish
you were here to see it. You left us when I was too young. My baby will only ever 
know a name and a face. I wish he or she could hear your stories and learn your lessons.

Come to think of it, you've never even met my amazing husband. You would both love him.
He is so very sweet to me. And Papaw, you especially would get along great with him,
he actually adopted a few of the things you left behind because he has similar hobbies. 
Though he never got to shake your hand, he respects you so much through my memories, 
and I continue to remember you always.

I love and miss you both, I must go for now so he can treat me to a Saturday out.
Love, Punky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.....